The egg is not only a cheap food but also very delicious to eat. Most of the people like to eat egg. Even, the egg is a favorite food of many small kids. Moreover, this food has a high nutritional value. It provides a great source of nutrients for the body. They include protein, vitamin, minerals, enzymes, and hormone. Especially, the ratio of nutritional ingredients in egg interacts with each other very suitable and balanced. Thus, this will create a good condition for a healthy body. You eat the egg a lot but perhaps you do not know its nutrition information exactly. Through this writing, I hope that you will get the meaningful knowledge to know about the nutrition of egg. Please take your time to read it if the egg is your favorite food, right!
Three Most Important Nutritional Components in Eggs
Egg includes yolks and whites. Most of the nutrients concentrate in the yolk. According to an analysis by the nutrition experts, there are about 13.6% of protein, 29.8% of fat, and 1.6% of minerals in an egg. With the white, it is mostly water. It has 10.3% of protein. And there is very little fat and minerals. You will know three most important nutritional components in eggs with some following contents:
As you know, an egg is considered a complete protein because it contains 9 essential amino acids. Also, there are about 6 grams of quality protein and 14 main nutrients. The egg will provide the necessary energy for all daily activities. Therefore, an egg is a natural selection for a good health and active lifestyle. Of course, this protein content is very important for the body. Your body will use this egg’s nutrition for some functions such as:
- Firstly, the healthy muscles will need a lot of protein. The highest quality protein in egg can build and maintain your muscles very well;
- Besides, this nutrition is very effective to create and repair both tissue and cells for the body;
- Also, it helps keep the balance of body fluids. This is very necessary and affects the metabolism;
- On the other hands, to grow hair and nails strongly, our body need to have protein from egg;
- Finally, the protein having the egg will help against infections.
Actually, other foods contain a variety of protein source. Depending on age and gender, our body will need the different level of protein. So to have a healthy and balanced diet, we must eat egg in the right way. It means that we will get protein from other products such as meat, fish, fruits, and vegetables.
Why does your body need omega 3? It is good for health. Omega 3 is a type of polyunsaturated fat. It is a healthy fat and helps protect the heart. Basically, our bodies need this nutrition. However, the body can create it automatically. So, we have to add it via the foods. Omega 3 has a lot in egg, salmon, nuts, and types of oils. To receive rich of omega 3 from the egg, we should choose omega 3 egg. You will see some labels of egg in a grocery store. The label is written with omega 3 egg. Surely, it is different from the normal eggs which you still buy on the market. Omega 3 eggs are produced by the foods from the hens. All hens’ diet will eat flaxseed. The natural flaxseed contains alpha-linolenic acid. It is a source of omega 3 fatty acid.
Perhaps you listen to a lot of opinions of someone that we should not eat the egg a lot. This can lead to some heart disease because of much cholesterol in the yolk. But it is not correct. According to the American Heart Association, lutein in yolk can protect our health to avoid heart disease early. This Association also gave an advice that a healthy adult can eat an egg for every day. It is good for health. And this does not increase the risk of heart disease.
Some Notes When Eating Eggs
Eggs have a lot of nutrition. It does not mean that we can eat them for many different reasons. To bring the benefits from eating this food, you need to know some notes below:
- You should not cook egg too long. This will reduce the nutrition content in an egg. However, we should not eat the raw eggs. You sometimes can have some signs of poisoning. It is a reason of the storage of biotin. The common signs are vomiting, losing of appetite and inflammation of the tongue…
- Eating the whites of an egg will affect the digestive system. It is the symptom of indigestion. In the whites, there are antitrypsin enzymes. They will do inhibitor of pancreatic and colorectal. These enzymes are destroyed if the egg is cooked to 80 degree Celsius.
- Although egg does not increase the blood pressure as well as blood cholesterol these people should not eat an egg a lot. Through the US nutrition experts advised that these people only should eat from 2 to 3 eggs for a week.
- Also, when eating egg we should eat more of fruits. Especially, the fruits have more vitamin C. This will help increase iron absorption for the body.
- Finally, after eating eggs we should not drink tea. In fact, tea can reduce the absorption of iron.
In conclusion, eggs are one of the foods which they are regularly used in the meals of the families. Surely, it is delicious with many nutritional ingredients which they are good for the body’s needs. There are a lot of vitamins and minerals in a small egg. I also mention three typical nutrition contents which they bring some benefits for our health. This nutrition information combines with some notes when eating egg. This will help you know how to eat egg properly. It is important because your body will get all nutrients from this common food. I think that this writing will provide the useful nutrition information relating to the egg for you. Hope you like this.